Translate

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Prepared for a Time Such as This

A few weeks ago, I got the distinct impression while learning about the biblical Esther with D. that, while on a much smaller scale, the Lord has also been preparing me for this exact moment in my life. He has put all my experiences together to prepare me for now, being a mother to my sweet boys and a foster mother to more children in need. A few days later, Social Services called asking if we could house a sweet 1-year old. He joined our family later that day, and we are planning to have him for a couple more weeks while SS works on helping his extended family prepare for him. 

Life with two babies and a kindergartner is non-stop. I am constantly moving the entire day, it is very tiring. But I really do feel that the Lord has built up my abilities over the past few years, and is strengthening me and enabling me now so that I am much better prepared than I had ever thought of. For instance, today I drove all 3 kiddos by myself 75 miles to our Stake Center for Stake Conference, and didn't stress much before or during. I used to worry significantly about bringing 1 child that far by myself! 

As I realize that the Lord has prepared me for now, I also feel strongly that my now is further preparing me for the future. I have no idea what He has in store, but whatever it is, I am grateful to have His help -often in the form of countless angels - to see me through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment