Precious child,
They told me you would be with me for only 3 weeks. I knew that it would be longer, but I also knew it wouldn't be forever. That couldn't stop me from loving you.
I thought that you would be with me for 6 weeks. What a lovely surprise to have you for Thanksgiving. And Christmas. And Spring Break. And your birthday.
We both experienced a roller coaster of emotions. We had our ups, and we had our downs. I learned to care about you and cry for and with you. I came to love you. We all came to love you. I don't know if you ever came to love me, and that's okay. You made it clear that you wanted to be with your bio mom, and I respect that. She obviously loves you, and I pray that she will win her fight to overcome her trials and be able to get you back.
I know that you are in a safe home now and are happy to live with your relative that you've known for your whole life. She is happy to have done what she needed to prepare for you to live with her. We feel your absence here, and we still love and care about you. We are grateful for your smooth transition. We are grateful to have known you for those 5 months. We feel privileged to have the blessing to have helped such a sweet child of God.
You are a blessing. You are so talented. You have a deep and far reaching, even infinite potential. May you always know that. May God bless, guide, and watch over you as I trust you to someone else.
Love,
Your Foster Mom
We loved that baby too. You are a saint for taking in these children in need. We are proud of you.
ReplyDelete