Just in case you don't know how to read this –
it means we’re expecting another baby! I’m about 4 weeks pregnant!
Wait – 4 weeks? Isn’t that a little bit soon to let people
know?
Perhaps. Especially for us. You see, this is actually my
fifth pregnancy. I have one precious, healthy child today. I lost 3 early in
the first trimester – one before and two after my healthy child. Even with my
healthy child, I had modified bed rest the entire first trimester because of
heavy bleeding that I had for about 7 weeks straight.
They’ve run test after test, only to let me know that “Everything looks fine!”
and my complications are a mystery, or perhaps bad luck.
There are several reasons that we decided to share this news so soon. First of all, we have many friends that would like to know
so they can pray for us; such prayer are felt. Thank you. Secondly, I know of
many, many friends with similar problems. While it doesn’t make it “better”
knowing that someone else suffers also, it does help to know you have someone
you can go to, to help you through a trial that they understand – and it helps
to know that you’re not alone (or, at least, I know that it has helped me). Third, if I do miscarry, I hate pretending like
it never happened. Miscarriages are big deals and should be treated as such. Fourth,
(and yes, I laugh as I say this), I want people to be understanding when I’m a
bit hormonal, and to not be offended! :-)
Please note that if I do miscarry, I will only share through
this blog. Please do not expect a personal text, and please
don’t insist on a phone call. I will want time to myself to mourn, and sharing
the details doesn’t help me.
Having said that – we are praying that this precious baby
will stick around and are thrilled at the possibility! If it does, it is due in
October. J
.jpg)
Congratulations, Emily! I loved this post because I had a very similar experience. I've miscarried before each of my living children, and the most recent was at only 5 weeks. I sent a picture just like yours of the pregnancy test to my husband while he was in Germany. I will be praying for you, and am hoping for the very very best for this pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteJill
I love that you are telling people. I feel dishonest when I hide anything. I'm sure that your friends will want to bring you meals, wash your dishes, and help you with your son if you ever need it. Best wishes!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you! I will be praying for you that everything will work out. Thank you very much for sharing.
ReplyDelete